The Uniform Guidance has overhauled the way in which procurement must be managed by federal grant recipients. The UG includes over 50 procurement-related compliance requirements that cover a broad spectrum of procurement activities including:
- Selecting from five approved methods of procurement
- Conducting competitive solicitations
- Contracting with small, minority and woman-owned businesses (SMWBEs)
- Performing cost and price analyses
- Maintaining contractual standards
- Providing access to procurement system
- Documenting all procurement activities and maintaining a history of that documentation
Beginning in 2018, federal grant recipients – including international NGOs, health & human service organizations, state and local governments and other nonprofits – are now under increased scrutiny and oversight with regard to their procurement activities.
Download our free UG Procurement Readiness Checklist to evaluate whether you’ve covered all of the important the activities you need to undertake to get compliant.